Thursday, April 19, 2007

for a friend


A friend of mine is having a hard time. I thought of her today as I passed my tulips in my garden. They're brand new, just opening up, ready to meet the sun. It's hard to remember that we all bloom in His time, not ours. It's hard to be patient, especially when you want something REALLY badly. I saw a line on Barbara Curtis' blog this morning, that really resonated with me. I share this and my tulip with you:
"Timing is everything. I think sometimes we feel called to do something, but God is only preparing our hearts for something that won't materialize for a long time. "
Wise words for us all.
Now, this is hopefully my last blog post for the day. I am off to cook dinner, then play a board game and settle in for Gray's and some photo work. Life is good, people. Drink it up.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Don't know if this was meant for me or not, but it sure does hit the spot!