Monday, April 02, 2007

I am a raising a SHOE GIRL.....oh my


I might be THE ONLY person left in the world who does not own Crocs.
I don't even own the Cheap Knock-offs!
Micaela is about to bust a gut for a pair of pink ones.
I am justifying like mad...She does need sandals, they are cute, but man, THEY ARE $30 a pair...(even at www.zappos.com they are still $30 but they constantly have coupons at Zappos).I am not a shoe gal. Never have been. One of my sisters was and I could never "get it". They're just shoes! Shoe love is something that I just don't get. And I am the mother to a "shoe girl".....
So what I need to know is a) are Crocs REALLY that comfortable? and b) how fast do they wear out? and c) as a grown woman, can I get away with wearing polka dotted Crocs?

ETA: My husband, who is out of town on business, found Micaela some pink Crocs. He's bringing them home. She's going to be tickled "pink". He's even buying Adam some in green. I don't think they had polka dotted ones for me....

ETA2: Greg bought ME some Crocs, too......they're black, so they'll match everything! That man is too much sometimes. No man has ever bought me shoes before. I think he likes me.

6 comments:

Cami Croc Lover said...

Crocs are the greatest shoe ever invented! They are SOOOO comfortable! My mom wears them and she is 45. Yes, you can get away with wearing them, but maybe not the polka dot ones.

PattiB said...

Suzanne-
Try eBay. I found some cute pink Disney ones for my Madison and I only paid $22 (included shipping). And Kudos to the animal worksheet game for the kids trip to PetSmart. I wish I had thought of that!
Happy Spring!~Patti

Cindy Keery said...

Crocs are like a foot massage with every step...they're by far the most comfortable thing I've ever step foot in. I've had one pair for over almost a year and they aren't worn out at all. I just got a second pair and I just love them!

Dawn Mercedes said...

I do not get "crocs." What is the big deal? What am I missing!

Linda said...

I don't own them either....but I will eventually. I saw that they have purple KSU ones at Dillard's for $29...I think I may have to invest in TWO pair, one for me, one for Hannah (we have two pairs of matching shoes so far, lol).

Now, if you think CROCS are expensive, check THESE out: http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722211734/page/1.html

We saw these advertised all the time in Germany - they were sold in England and we would see them on BBC Sky5. Hannah DESPERATELY wanted a pair, but I just can not justify spending that amount for a pair of "tennis shoes"...but oh, they are CUTE

SB said...

Holy Mole', Linda....
Those shoes are CUTE but darn, they are spendy!