Wednesday, April 25, 2007

oh, the places you'll go!


One of my favorite books is Oh, the Places You'll Go! I do love that book. Even as an adult, I like to read it. It's full of potential. And right now, I am about living up to some of my potential.

If you've read the blog for any amount of time, you notice that I talk about my "business". I took the leap and started my own photography business here in Northern Virginia. It's been an adventure! Being a business-woman, running a household, being a mom (which is the most important thing that I could do...) it's a lot to do! But I am lit with with a passion, a drive that I cannot claim credit for. It's given by God.

God truly blesses me, each day. He puts things in my path. He gives me the desire to do this. I am truly blessed. And I know that my photography is not about my own accolades, but His glory. Those of who are not strong in your faith might be rolling your eyes (I sure hope not though). But I would not have beautiful flowers to photograph if not for Him. He gave me the tiny blessings in my life: my kids. And He sends down from Heaven some of the most cherished and loved babies (and I take their pictures!!)

I just wanted to say how blessed I am. How truly lucky I feel. How it's all come together, and it's His doing. I was TERRIFIED when I decided to do this: "I don't have the $$ to start a business!", "How will I find customers?", "How will I make it work, with kids, husband, etc?"

I just have to remember to breathe and allow God to work on me. I trust Him.
ETA: “For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future.” Jeremiah 29:11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I did my Recon for the upcoming Mother's Day brunch where I will be the Photographer on hand. I fell in love with this scene pictured on this entry: I can't wait to do some family shots here....Simply gorgeous!

Life is good. Count your blessings!

3 comments:

Angel said...

I love your attitude. And your trust in His plan. God is good. ALL the time.

stampin_melissa said...

You quoted my favorite passage in the Scriptures. When things get rough I always try to keep this in mind.

BTW, you take some beautiful pictures!

rennratt said...

The verse you quoted is one near to my heart.

My friend gave her son up for adoption 5 years ago, and was aching over it.

The ADOPTIVE PARENTS have reached out to her, and have taken her as 'one of their own'. She sees her biological son every week, and he knows her as a close family friend.

The AP adopted another child last week, and posted this verse in an email when sharing pictures of their "new" daughter. (Her name is Grace...)