Thursday, May 03, 2007

Home sweet Home


My house is small.
But filled with love.
My laundry room is barely big enough for the flippin' laundry.
But my kids laugh and make memories here....
The countertops that the previous owners installed could surely win a prize on TLC's "Ugly Kitchens"...but I make great meals in that kitchen!
I constantly wish I had a separate studio/office....
but I love my house. It fits us....

PLUS I have azalea bushes in my front yard. I am going to rip out that ugly thing planted next to the azaleas but I'll do that next year.

Home is where your heart is. For us, that's been in 6 houses in 3 states. Sometimes too much space, sometimes not enough. But this house, just like life with a military man, is full of adventure...

(Can you tell I am feeling sappy today?)

3 comments:

Linda said...

that "ugly" thing is a cedar...you should move it, not kill it...it would look lovely in the back yard!

I love your house...it's gorgeous. It would be great for me, but I only have 2 kids. I'd rather have a small house than live in a duplex sharing a wall with the "rap-tastiks" sharing their less than desirable music with me....sigh.

Dawn Mercedes said...

wow! your house is darling!

Anonymous said...

I love the outside of your home, particularly the porch area. It looks like a great place to raise a family. Bigger isn't always better; it's just usually more expensive.

JB