Wednesday, May 09, 2007

mid-week

It's Wednesday and up until now, I have enjoyed a peace in my week. Tomorrow, starts the grind....Business breakfasts, lunch with a prospective bridal client, a LeadShare meeting (two in fact).....plus a birthday party, bowling, grocery shopping AND a Mother's Day gig...That's right: I don't get Mother's Day off. But I am NOT complaining. I am the Photographer for a brunch at the beautiful country club up the road. SO I am NOT complaining....

Today, though, has been less that perfect. I had a full blown "I can't breathe at all" asthma attack yesterday while in my Wal-Mart. The WM employee nearest me had marinated in her perfume and all of a sudden, I couldn't breathe. As a result, the pressure in my chest has doubled and I am sapped for energy....

But Adam would not take no for an answer. No lying on the couch. No easy stuff today. After he helped with laundry, we went to the library. I LOVE OUR LIBRARY. Those ladies totally rock.

We also visited Great Country Farms in Bluemont. I could go there every day, I swear. They sell KETTLE KORN, for starters. Second, it's family owned and a nice place. They have a new pig!! A new baby pig named WILBUR. I got to meet him. Adam was reluctant to approach him....until he heard Wilbur snort....then he started snorting back. I must have had a strange look on my face, because Adam said, "Oh don't worry, Mom. I speak pig." I had to bite my lip to keep from busting out laughing.



I speak pig....HA!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I Speak Pig...that's too much! Better than pig-latin, I guess. Hey...Hannah speaks "scotty"...

The look on Adam's face is PRICELESS...and that little guy is JUST adorable (yes, both Adam AND Wilbur!)

paige said...

i absolutely LOVEEEEEEE kettle corn.

Dawn Mercedes said...

I loved going to the library growin up...it was our weekly Monday activity. Thanks for the insight on your week. I hope you are feeling better.