Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Science really does rock....


That's what Adam told me tonight, as we stood in the kitchen making what he lovingly referred to as a "kitchen bomb". No terrorism, just a bottle, vinegar, water, and some baking soda. Adam was worried his hands were going to get blown off (what can I say? He spend A LOT of time around a woman who thinks things will blow up without warning....)



So after the experiment, he looks at me and says "Science really does rock, Mom..."

I know....

Tomorrow (after we buy a small amount of sand) we're building a volcano. Because his daddy is in Hawaii where they HAVE volcanoes. Plus I need to work on the letter "V" with him. He keeps forgetting it. I am looking into www.k12.com for Adam. They have great courses and I would love to see him continue his love of Science and Math through the summer....also it might keep me from losing my mind.

It just might..

2 comments:

Linda said...

I just ADORE that lab coat! I've got the kids enrolled in swimming lessons already, and they'll be taking a Saturday class (as will I) at the Arts center. They'll do a variety of stuff, I'll do pottery...yay!

I'm also thinking of enrolling Hannah in soccer, but not sure yet....

cws said...

I loved the lab coat too. How cute!!