Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday

Let me just say that I picked the wrong day to go back on my diet. I NEED CHOCOLATE right now. I NEED IT...(and I say this after clarifying needs vs wants just yesterday...)

But I have been feeling REALLY cruddy lately. Asthma is just whooping my butt. I feel constant, unabating pressure in my chest and my throat swells closed for no reason. No meds that we have tried have worked. Only the ER nebulizer treatments bring any relief....so I am going to see if they will get me one of those machines for home. I am not dealing with being THIS sedentary....Don't get me wrong, I like to lounge as much as the next girl, but the weather is fine, the sun is shining and I am parked on the couch. I even watched "Oprah!" .....I NEVER WATCH OPRAH, people....

Oh man, do I need chocolate....but I am eating cucumber slices instead. Which is cruel in itself.

Watched "Little Children" last night after watching my recorded "Brothers & Sisters" (that is the only show on ABC that I like...it's my guilty pleasure...) But "Little Children" with Kate Winslet was freaky. I like her movies. I loved her in "Iris". But this movie was creepy. It was very dark....I didn't know that when I added it to my Netflix queque. Still, as disturbing as it was, I gave it a B+. Tonight, I am watching "Letters from Iwo Jima" and "The Fountain". if I can't breathe, I may as well watch movies...

I have been Freecycling A LOT these past two days. I feel so much better, getting rid of some of my junk. And it's a blessing to someone else, which sweetens the deal.

I am so out of it that I have not taken any pictures in TWO DAYS. That never happens. Gotta shake this off.....

Okay, now for a wee bit of good news:
a) I am shooting a wedding this weekend. Lori and Scott, a wonderful GENUINE couple. I can't wait to see them exchange vows.
b) I did the sock basket.

Man, my life is boring without my husband around.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Sorry you are feeling bad...what a coincidence, I watched Little Children today with Kate...weird. I won't need to every watch it again. And oh yes, Chocolate every day is a necessity in my house...

Linda said...

still praying daily that you get some relief. Yay for you and the sock basket!!!!

rennratt said...

You can probably pick up a nebulizer at a home health care store. Speak with your dr. about getting a prescription - your insurance should pick up the tab. You can make the saline for the nebulizer yourself. It's pretty much salt water with a pinch of sugar to temper it. I used to make it for my grandmother.

Dawn Mercedes said...

I had a chocolate craving today too. Only I made the mistake of telling my 3 year old....that I wanted some candy. And boy, then I didn't hear the end of it!

PattiB said...

Suzanne-
How is it that your hubby is in Hawaii and you are stuck at home with no choclate and the sock basket!! Haha! He better bring you home chcolate covered macadamia nuts AND some beautiful silver jewelty from the Big Island. Hope you are feeling better soon.