Tuesday, June 19, 2007

it's OVER....

the school, that is....
Micaela and Jonathan had their last day of school today!
We celebrated with a pizza party and watched "Flushed Away" again. (I think Greg and I like that movie more than the kids....)
Now, the pressure is on. I have to come up with gobs of cool activities for pennies, fun ideas for field trips....
At least they're starting VBS in a few days......which oh me, lucky me, is one mile from a CHICK-FIL-A...(can you guess where I will be sneaking off to dine ALONE??)
Hey, wanna hear something totally weird? My asthma, which until 3 days ago, was seriously uncontrolled by every medicine my doc could throw at it has not bothered me in 3 days......I feel like my old self. The old me who could exercise without gasping. The me who didn't rely on an inhaler. Oh I hope that this lasts. I don't know how or why, but I like it. God is looking out for me, that's for sure.
It's been a GREAT month. Met tons of new families, welcomed new babies, celebrated wedded bliss with others. I am so enjoying life right now....
I hope you, too, are counting your blessings.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Glad to hear of your improved asthma--and, it's always good to be reminded to count our blessings and to look at the big picture--not the little worrying things...