Saturday, July 07, 2007

family fun

Man, we had SUCH a good time seeing the "Transformers". I don't mean the movie (which was better than I thought, but in hindsight, not really a kids' movie)...I am talking about hanging out as a FAMILY. All laughing and sharing popcorn. That was fun.

So we're going to do it again.



This time, we're going to see Ratatouille, which has had GREAT reviews. And we're using our Freebie movie passes from the other night. Now we'll just have to plunk down the $100 for popcorn and drinks. It boils my blood to see how much movie theaters charge for snacks. It's ROBBERY. I KNOW there's no gun to my head, making me buy it, but still...Just because you can rob someone blind does not mean you should!

We also discovered a WATER PARK near our home. Only about 20 miles. So we might go there today. I am looking forward to the movie much more than wearing a swimsuit...

I have a gig tomorrow and start planning (and packing!) for WOMEN OF FAITH next weekend! I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

FXSmom said...

I'm with you on the snacks. We now feed the kids a meal before we go. Then we take a tote bag and sneak food into the theater. We pile in bottles of water or whatever, a snack each, then a change of clothes for Mathieu nicely placed on top. They never question us. It saves us about $75.

SB said...

I, too, sneak snacks into the theaters. A "friend" mine taught me to pour Skittles (the candy of choice with my kids) in a small tampon box and the guys at the theater won't even touch it! I've yet to do it myself. I just cram rolls of sweet-tarts in the bottom of the Purse from Hell and no one dares to search past the 4,000 reciepts.

So yes, I, too, am a movie theater snack smuggler!!