Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I love that

Today, while standing in the kitchen, Jonathan (who is almost 19) asked me for a hug. I was stunned into silence. I certainly gave him a hug. I whispered to him, "Jonathan, I have loved you your whole life.."

As he walked off, content to ignore me for the next few hours, my heart felt very full. Motherhood is very tough somedays. And other days, it is awesome.

Now, I gotta get back to the killer-macho homemade meal I am making for the Mister. (Baked Chicken, HM dressing, my Famous Green Beans, HM Dinner Rolls and HM Mint-Chocolate Chip Ice Cream..HM stands for Homemade. as in from scratch, no mixes...) We combined a great meal with homeschooling lessons: measurement, volume and PATIENCE in cooking.

We're getting ready for the 4th!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Impressed with all your HM things in one meal! I like to cook HM-style too, but it's usually not everything!!! Also...such a nice thought about motherhood and hugs. Thanks for sharing it, it made my heart warm.