Wednesday, July 18, 2007

just a field


I see my life through a viewfinder.
It's always a picture with me. I see beauty in all things. Sometimes you have to dig for it, but it's there.
Sometimes, God just plops it in front of you and you stand in awe of what He creates.
I was on my way to a gig tonight and I decided to take a short drive and I found this field. I should say this field found me.
Let me explain: I was stressed, cranky and being very selfish. I was in a mood. Well, God set me straight. I just looked out at this field and I felt such peace. I really did. It's just a simple field, nothing fancy. But it was a much-needed reminder of a simple beauty that I am blessed to witness.
It was right there all along, I was just too focused on myself to see it.
You just can't stop looking for the beauty in life.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

You are so right. Beautiful field, beautiful creation. We do get caught up in our moods, don't we?!