Tuesday, July 24, 2007

you're kidding???

I was out shopping today. Went to Aldi's. Scored some maintainence groceries. Went to Pete's for lunch. They have dogs, fries and AMAZING shakes. Then went to the Hagerstown Salvation Army to donate some stuff in the back of my car. And Adam found a TRANSFORMER toy. It walks, talks and its eyes light up. Color me happy. I won't complain. It was WAY cheaper than Toys-R-Us (AKA The "we'll rob you blind and treat you poorly" Toy Store)...

And as I was about to check out, I noticed off to the side an ENTIRE room, crammed full of Christmas decorations!! An entire room! So I bought 6 boxes of ornaments. Not for me, but for the TOG Children's Party that I help plan every year. $0.50 a box beats $9.99 a box during December. The more money I save on decor, the more money we can give back to the soldiers.

As I was checking out, my arms filled with Christmas decor, the check-out gal, snapping her gum at me, says, "You're real smart to get ready....Christmas is five months from tomorrow."



Five months you say? FIVE MONTHS?? Where did the past 7 months go? I must be getting terribly old because I blinked and 7 months slipped by. I have already started my Christmas cards (in conjunction with the Walter Reed Crad Challenge). but still 5 months will be here before you know it....

3 comments:

FXSmom said...

too much input!! I can't deal with xmas yet. We still have back to school shopping to strangle ourselves with. I want my spring and summer back!

Angel W said...

I'd love to send you some envelopes for the Fisher House! Email me you address...

Kristiem10 said...

I swear, the older I get, the faster time goes by. I am with fxsmom, we still have to get school shopping done. But, it is cool that you got such a good deal on the ornaments! And, I concur about Toys R Us. I try to avoid it when I can.