Sunday, August 12, 2007

and the road went flying by


Yesterday was RESPITE DAY.
Five glorious kid free hours.
THE ONLY kid-free hours my husband and I have together all month long.
That's tough sometimes, because he's someone I LIKE and want to spend time with and we don't have that option very often. So we really like RESPITE DAY.

Yesterday, he took me for a ride.
On his Harley.
For HOURS.
The road just flew by, wind in my hair (which yes, was in a helmet).
I felt pretty safe. As safe as I could possibly feel on a motorcycle.
I trust my husband. But every once in a while, I would think "I am somebody's momma, on the back of a Harley...."

Although I don't have pictures of me on the bike, I do have a lovely picture of the countryside, which I saw plenty of. We saw lots of other bikers (is my husband a biker now??)

This week will be long. I have sessions scheduled as I attempt to get back into business swing and Greg is on two weeks leave!!

3 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Sounds wonderful! I love riding motorcycles.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got some time away from the kids. It sounds like you spent it well. Congratulations on your husband's promotion as well. I hope you have a great week!

JB

pw said...

Sounds like you are a braver woman than I! My husband would LOVE for me to ride with him, but like you said I feel like I am a mother on a bike. It feels dangerous to me. I am a chicken:)