Wednesday, August 01, 2007

SOOC vs tweaking

One of the downsides of being a photographer is the EDITING.
I usually enjoy editing. Usually....
But when you shoot 300 pictures in an average session, two to three sessions per week....that's A LOT of editing. As in 2,000 pictures that each need attention.. Every picture deserves its best chance. That's why it's best to get the best picture you can.

So I am learning more every day. Lots from other blogs. Sometimes, stuff my husband (and co-editor) teaches me. One of the challenges I've undertaken is to get better pictures SOOC.

What's SOOC? It means Straight Out Of Camera....but SOOC sounds much cooler, don't ya think. SOOC means messing with your focal range, your aperture, and all that photo stuff....I sometimes get in the mood "I just wanna take the picture."

But it doesn't work that way. So I want to be better at SOOC....
Today I took this one.......and I like it so much I'll share it with you.



Totally SOOC...Okay, that's not true...I added the frame...

I tend not to over-edit pictures. Because I do mostly portraits and kids, I want them to look like REAL LIFE people. Not over-brushed versions of themselves. My photography reflects real moments.

So I'll be sharing more SOOC Challenge photos with you in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Absolutely beautiful!!