Tuesday, September 04, 2007

1st day of school

They are all gone.
ALL OF THEM.
The house is quiet and still.
and I am LOVIN' it!!
The morning went off without a hitch.
Which is a miracle if you knew how bad the last week was.

I am going to spend these next 2 hours doing laundry, going to the library and maybe mop the floor. It doesn't get more exciting than that, now does it?


Before school and wildly nervous and excited about what the day holds. Micaela couldn't even eat she was so nervous. My poor sweet girl was worried that she'd have no friends.


Somebody pinch me! She's a 2nd grader!!


This is the face of a kindergartener. He was all bluster and bravado. As soon as he stepped into his classroom, he got real quiet. It'll be interesting to see how adjusts to school. He was very excited about wearing his new Harley Davidson shirt (thrift store $1) and his new Transformer shoes (sadly $15 at Wal-Mart). I love the LL Bean backs have lasted 3 years....Money well spent.

Now, I am off to the library!

2 comments:

Linda said...

congratulations on making it this far! Both kids looked wonderful! I hope that Adam's first day was great...I KNOW that Micaela had fun. Hannah didn't know a single kid in her class...of 17 kids in her kindergarten class, NONE were there. But she did fine!

Kristiem10 said...

Ahh, what a wonderful feeling. I remember the first day of school last year, I was so giddy. I went to the grocery for a donut and cup of coffee. I think the checkout girl was concerned when I was telling her just how excited I was that school started.