Thursday, September 13, 2007

chocolate and stress-baking

I have a vicious cold, and a sinus infection.
I have many deadlines.
I have NO ENERGY.
But tomorrow is Friday and the weekend will hopefully bring a break from all of this.

When I am stressed, I bake.
So far this week, I've made SIX different types of cookies, a few cakes and some muffins.

I found THIS recipe and just had to share. I think I'll wait till Greg returns before I make it. I need to test-drive it so I can decide if I want to bring this for the Ladies Retreat for church!


Chocolate Trifle
INGREDIENTS
• 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
• 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
• 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
DIRECTIONS
1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
3. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.

Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories: 486

• Total Fat: 18.8g
• Cholesterol: 12mg
• Sodium: 314mg
• Total Carbs: 73.7g
• Dietary Fiber: 1.8g
• Protein: 4.8g

I think it will cut a good amount of fat out if I use Fat Free cool-whip and sugar free instant pudding. Maybe I will test-drive in Monday for a Board Meeting that I have...

Tonight, I was at Target. (Of course I was at Target...I LOVE TARGET!!)
They had this paper on sale. I had to buy it. It was not supposed to be on sale (since it's brand new)...and I needed that paisley paper for a particular project. This paper pack was supposed to be $5.99 but it was marked $1.99. I HAD TO BUY IT!


Tonight's agenda: Nyquil, a pillow....okay the pillow is optional at this point. I am so wiped out. Ten more days, ten more days....

:)

3 comments:

Linda said...

oooooh....pretty papers.....

Kristiem10 said...

That looks so good. I have a similar recipe for a chocolate mocha trifle. It takes white chocolate pudding mixed with a little bit of strong coffee. So good.

That paper is pretty! Target is awesome!

rennratt said...

Make Candy Bar Brownies.

The recipe is on my blog.

If it's a really bad day, make whoopie pie frosting with peanut butter.

Cut brownies into small pieces, frost, and make into mini sandwiches.

That always makes ME feel better.