Monday, October 08, 2007

motorcycle photography

I never did share the session of Chuck, a biker that we know from the Harley dealership in Frederick, MD. Chuck's bike (The Black Pearl) is a thing of art and beauty and he was kind enough to sit still long enough to let us photograph him.

I say US because I did a session WITH my husband (who is doing his own thing, with motorcycle photography...) I'll say it's much harder to photograph a bike than a baby.

But I gave it my best effort.

:)





Things I learned:

*Bikers may look all rough and gruff, but they are kind and thoughtful people, just like you and me.
*People often put a HUGE amount of money, blood, sweat and tears into their bikes. And they're VERY proud of them.
*I could never get a tattoo. I am a complete wimp....
*I have a LOT to learn about motorcycle photography....A LOT.

Tomorrow, I am shooting Jim's pictures. Another biker. He looks like he just left ZZ Top on the Road. But he's sweet and he has a nice smile, so I know he'll give me good pictures.

Am I leaving babies behind for bikers? NOPE. But I have to branch out of my immediate comfort zone and do things differently every once in a while....

2 comments:

Linda said...

those are some awesome pictures...I can see greg in the tank shot, lol! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tat shot...I have one, but it's 23 years old (almost!). And would I do it again? NOPE.

rennratt said...

I love these pictures.

When my daughter was a baby, she FLIRTED with bikers. The scarier looking the BETTER.

She would grin, flutter her eyelashes - and screech "Oh! Hiiii!" in her deep southern drawl.

They melted every time.

On the flip side, she feared men in suits. To the point of sobbing uncontrollably.