Sunday, November 25, 2007

excitement from MY weekend


1) I found my wallet. I didn't tell y'all....but it was LOST. I don't know what freaked me out more: being without my debit cards/military ID or losing my ultra special highly prized Birthday Target Gift Card.....ARGH! But it was found. Thank GOD!!

2) And far more important than a lost/found wallet, ADAM IS READING NOW.....I mean REALLY reading. He is ruling the phonics and READING. I want my kids to be readers like me. I devour books. If I were on a desert island and could take either books or chocolate, I would cry then choose books...DUH.

3) Proofing sessions and wrapping up my Holiday Season. The vast majority of families that I serve are done (mercifully done) with card sessions. Next year, I'll be READY for the rush....


:)

3 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

I am an avid reader as well. I can only hope that my kids enjoy reading someday. Drew knows some sight words, but is not up to reading yet. My husband doesn't enjoy reading at all. This just does not compute with me.

I am glad you found your wallet. I lost my debit card on Friday, and realized it Saturday a half hour before my bank closed. I had them cancel the card and order me a new one. My sister found it in her van last night. Figures! At least I don't have to worry about what happened to it.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found your wallet! The ID's, credit cards, and other items can be replaced, but losing that extra special Target birthday card would be a true loss! LOL!

Great job on helping Adam read so well so early! I know you've been home schooling him. Apparently your efforts were not wasted. pat yourself on the back.

JB

FXSmom said...

That is soo awesome that Adam is reading!! I with you on the whole avid reading/family has to read thing too. Though I'm a smidge bummed that Mat can't read I am very happy that he loves books, and pictures, and being read too.