Friday, November 16, 2007

a turtle, a chef and one tired momma



Micaela was a supporting role in he 2nd grade play. She was a turtle. I was unable to attend due the sick boy in my house. He has THE COUGH THAT WON'T GO AWAY...

Today, he bagged me relentlessly until we did some homeschooling. He misses it. Which makes me feel good. It was math, math, math for a while...Then we broke into Kitchen Science. (I had this habit as a child and a teen of telling my own teachers that I would never USE math...one teacher said, "Are you going to get married? Have kids? If do you do, you'll need math TO COOK."....She was right of course...) So today my son was Chef Adam. He helped make one of the several batches of cornbread. I make AWESOME cornbread....I will accept bribes if you want the recipe...

Since Adam has been home this week, my sleep pattern has been disrupted by a coughing bed-hogging, blanket stealing love bug. Love him but I can no longer sleep next to him...so I end up on the couch. Which is in the living room..right next to Jonathan's room. Jonathan SNORES like a freight-train.....and in between snores, HE TALKS....This is a kids with fragile x. I say this with love in my heart, but he NEVER shuts up. NEVER. You know God has a sense of humor when he gives us FX moms SUPER-HEARING and kids that babble constantly....It is funny, in a "I-can't-believe-this-is-my-day sort of way....

This is the weekend before my favorite Holiday. I love Thanksgiving. LOVE.IT. I have so many wonderful memories of spledid dinners, turkies, stuffin, cranberry sauce, pies, pies and more pies. My mom can cook!! So she raised the bar for all of her daughters. Even though in my own house, it's only Greg and I who will eat the turkey, I still cook for an army. Can't help it. It's genetic. I don't make pies though. I do make a pumpkin pie for Greg and Micaela but I am more of a cake gal myself. I will be sharing our TG crafts over the next couple of days....I have to come up with projects that can be done by a bossy, know-it-all 5 year old, an ever bossier 7 year old and a "take it or leave it" 19 year old. Should prove to be a challenge.

I have much to be thankful for....So much. I am beyond blessed.

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Drew talks in his sleep too. A lot. And he snores, though only softly so far. If he isn't talking he is humming, squawking, or screeching. lol.

Anonymous said...

Since your child "bagged" you, I hope he let you out quickly! Sorry I couldn't resist. It's an "e" and not an "a". It looks like he was having fun. Your daughter looked quite happy too. You appear to be a very good mom! I hope you get some rest!

JB