Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve


It's been a rough few days, you guys.
About 10 minutes after that heartfelt "goodwill towards man" post, Jonathan had a meltdown. Broken glasses, broken TV, broken DVD player....Not a good day.

Goodwill is easy to show on a good hair day, a day when nothing is wrong, when the sun in shining. It's easy to praise God when life is going well. And it's a challenge of faith to say, in the midst of hard times, "God, thank you for making this moment holy."

During the meltdown, I kept my cool. God was literally holding my hands. The glasses were replaced by the angels at Wal-Mart, the TV/DVD were not broken as I had initially thought, and we got through it.

It's ROUGH when things don't go like I planned. But that's life.
It's Christmas Eve, and I am reaching deep for some goodwill.
I am going to church tonight, and will probably bawl my way through a dozen Christmas carols.
Then I'll come home and wrap gifs, swearing that next year, I"ll get it all done in time.

I feel so tender, so vulnerable at Christmas time. It makes me sooooo emotional. I hear my father's voice singing carols. I remember Christmases, full of wonder, presents galore and the smell of my mom's kitchen.

Christmas for me is all about the memories. Making them and remembering.
I am trying to create some joy in my house.....I'll let you know tomorrow how it's going.

To all of you, a joyous, love-filled Christmas.
Let us rejoice in Him.

3 comments:

PattiB said...

Merry Christmas Suzanne!! Thank you for the gift of your blog!!! It lifts my spirits and gives me a good laugh...usually when that is exactly what I need. God Bless

Anonymous said...

My prayers and thoughts are with you Suzanne. Please have a happy Christmas, and may God bless you and your family as I ask for Him to do.

JB

kristi said...

Hi, I just found your blog. Check mine out when you get a chance!