Wednesday, January 02, 2008

a new Year.....

The New Year crept in while I was sleeping. Literally.....I read somewhere that your Year will have the same feeling as whatever you spend your first day doing. I hope that's not true, because I was doing laundry and ridding my house of trash and clutter.

I love that we say HAPPY New Year....I like that. We all need to be happier, don't you think?

Of course, it's the dreaded "resolution" list....I don't really make resolutions, more like affirmations. Concentrates more on the positive side of my resolve. It would be difficult to resolve anything without looking back.....

1. I will be more organized. No excuses.
2. I will not be a clutter-type anymore. (I am Freecycling a TON of stuff lately. Feels good.)
3. I will value my health. And respect it more.
4. I will love my husband and children in ways that they will remember always.
5. I will ask for help when I need it. (very tough for me).
6. I will maintain my focus on what's really important.
7. I will actually write Thank You notes this year (I am AWFUL at this...really).
8. I will be open to new things. (maybe even try new foods...HA!)
9. I will embrace the challenges of each day and use them to my advantage.
10. I will not forget that no matter what, I am a child of God and I am loved.

It exhausted me just to think up all of those.....seriously. But I thought about this list for about a week. I thought I'd be flippant and resolve to "eat more chocolate" or "take more naps..." But let's face it: I'll be 40 soon, life is whizzing by and I've got things to do. Time waits for no man (or woman). I have BIG goals this year.

Time to get busy......

2 comments:

FXSmom said...

Great list!

Paula Fasciano said...

I love that you were exhausted after making your list! I was tired thinking of you doing all that stuff! Happy New Year to one of my favorite compulsive bloggers!