Tuesday, January 29, 2008

winter morning


This morning I woke up to rain. My blankets conspired against me and held me down and made me late. I was late waking the kids up. They ended up feeling rushed (my fault)...but it was the RAIN's fault....I could sleep all day with the rain coming down.

When I wake Micaela up, it's my custom to brief her on the weather. This morning, I harumphed about the rain....and with sleep in her eyes and pillow creases on her face, she looked up at me and says, "Mom, you have to be your own sunshine today."

I immediately got tears in my eyes. It was such a beautiful thing to say, to think about....

I adore this child of mine. She's so amazing.....so if you have a bleak landscape out your window, just remember this.

:)
(now......I have to get back to work....I am not leaving my desk until my photography project is DONE!!)

1 comment:

FXSmom said...

How sweet of Micaela. I would have squeezed the stuffing out of her.