Saturday, February 02, 2008

bargains baby!!

I think if you read this blog, you know: I AM CHEAP!
I think even if I won the Lottery, I would still be cheap...or frugal as I prefer to say.
I shop at thrift stores on a regular basis. It works out well, the clothes have been pre-shrunked for me. And I can buy 10 outfits for the cost of one at the (ugh!) Mall......


Well, today was Respite and Greg and I were out of things to do. We were NOT going to walk around the Super Wal-Mart. (For some reason, the Super Wal-Mart in Winchester, VA has a higher percentage of freaky people than any other WM we have ever been to, and we've been to A LOT of Wal-Marts...)


so we went to Goodwill. I love shopping at Goodwill. They do good things with their money. They are North America’s leading nonprofit provider of education, training, and career services for people with disadvantages. Pretty cool stuff!


Also their clothes are CLEAN and CHEAP. Look what I scored for Micaela today:



It's her EASTER DRESS! For $3.00!! It's a soft purple (bad picture, I know). It has little pink rosebuds sewn around the collar and on the gauzy stuff on the skirt. It's VERY pretty. I am guessing someone's lil girl wore this to a wedding. I'm going to find her a hairband with purple and pink flowers on it, I think.

I also got her some other dresses for church. And I am starting their Spring and Summer wardrobes, too. It's my PLAN to finance their summer wardrobes for $20 each. It's good to have goals...

No comments: