Friday, February 01, 2008

politics

I rarely talk politics here so if you are ANTI-politics, leave now.
I saw this at ArmyWifeToddlerMom today and it's important to share it. It's a great read and if you're a CONSERVATIVE, it should hammer home a few points.

In all fairness, I am for Mitt Romney. I am an issues gal and he represents my issues fairly. I don't agree with everything about him, but a lot of it....A friend of mine, who sometimes pops on here is VERY Anti-Mormon, is appalled that I would even consider voting for a MORMON. She thinks all Mormons are bad. How stupid is that? I do believe in religious freedom. He has a right to his own beliefs. I don't share them, I don't understand all of them. I have known a few Mormon families in my time and have found them to be nothing but kind, giving, loyal friends. One of them, The V* family, served with us in Alaska and I still get updates from her. I love her to bits. I can't imagine hating someone JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE A MORMON. To me, that is religious bigotry.
So what he's changed his mind on a few issues? Who hasn't? I hate the term flip-flop....EVERYONE changes their mind. I think he has evolved his thinking and it's evident in how he lives his life. I think he's the best and most qualified person for our economy. But I am sick of the love affair the media has with John McCain.

I think Mitt Romney is getting a raw deal in the media. Those of you who think conservatively should be VERY worried that the left-wing media with its limitless bias LOVES John McCain. That should be a big red flag. I am one of those who will not vote if it's a Clinton or Obama vs McCain election. I cannot in good conscience pull that lever for McCain.

All over the country, in a matter of days, the primary will be in many of your backyards. VOTE. Stand up for the right. Uphold conservative values. VOTE.......


5 comments:

Sue said...

Can I just tell you that as a person living in a state that he was responsible for.....I would never vote for him again.....you think he is getting a raw deal right now in the media? The media doesn't talk about the poor job he did here in MA. He did do a great job with the Olympics but....most of the middle class in MA did not appreciate his governance nor did the poor.

SB said...

Sue,
I respect your opinion and I had a bet with myself that you would be the 1st responder (since you live in MA)....
I had heard your exact sentiments from more than one person. Lots of people feel like you do.
I don't think he's perfect. I do think he'd be better than McCain.

Army Wife said...

MA otherwise known as taxachussets, is known for being home to the Kennedy loving politics...

Remember Ted Kennedy the man who drove drunk and killed a woman, but still manages to vote for good ole Teddy...

I am glad they did not like Mitt.

that says a lot in my book!

Sue said...

I loved Mitt when he was running.....my issue with him is even all the great tax cuts, and elimination of classes in languages other than English (except for of course Spanish Class etc) which the voters passed resoundingly, never got pushed. You only saw him when the woman was killed with the Big Tunnel thing but he was nowhere to be found when video tape showed Big Dig workers getting drunk during their lunch breaks.....I can't stand the Kennedy blowhards but Mitt didn't really do his job while he was here since he was too busy getting ready to run for president (which incidently he promised he wouldn't do when he was running for governor).

MelissaR said...

I'm with you. I've voted for a write-in rather than choose "the lesser of two evils," and that's what McCain would be. And like you, I'm frustrated that the
media cover the McCain campaign as if there were no other significant candidates.

I've read all about Romney's change of heart, but I know that this can happen. My own views have changed dramatically in the course of my adult life, but that doesn't make them less genuine now.

My state has its primary today and I'll vote, even though the news sources have already declared that McCain will definitely win!