Tuesday, February 26, 2008

why so quiet?


A few people from the Fragile X list stopped in (hey y'all...) and asked me to share the story of what's going on with Jonathan and his school. I can't. Well, that's not accurate. I won't. I'll act like the guys you see on TV when they say "Sorry, not able to comment on an on-going investigation." Especially not here on my blog, where I talk about everything else. I don't want them to be able to use stuff against me or Jonathan.
It's a tough time right now. Little old me against the Big school system. Doctors, lawyers, advocates, warring from both sides of the table. Not fun for anyone. Least of all for Jonathan. He's home and he's safe and as his mother, THAT is my DUTY: to keep him safe.

In the coming weeks (or months if this drags on), I'll share the tale. Just not now. Unless you wanna call me....then I'll talk your ear off.


In happier news...............I went to a homeschooling function last night and I am INSPIRED. I am lining up stuff to do with the kids. Getting excited about that all over again. I think The J man will be rocking the homeschooling.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry these things have happened with your son. My kids are homeschooled, and honestly it's the best thing that's happened to them. I hope you will have a joyful experience as well.

Sue

FXSmom said...

Sorry...I know it's my fault that you got an influx. I didn't mean for a stampede....just support. I totally understand your need for secrecy on the details at this point. Hope things are going as smooth as possible.

rennratt said...

Does the school system understand that J can't HELP the way he is?

I am so sorry that you are going through this.

Way to go, mom. Continue to support and protect your son.

It's exhausting, but worth it.