what *I* do to combat higher food bills:
1) I drink powdered milk. I made the change about a year about. It saves me on average $50 PER MONTH. That's $600 a year...The kids didn't even notice the change to powdered milk. I mix it the night before and it's ready in the morning. I even mix one container strictly for Ovaltine (I do hate paying $4.00 per can for that dang Ovaltine that my BIL got the kids hooked on......)
2) I get a rain-check when something goes on super-sale at my local market. Like when boneless chicken breasts were $0.99 per pound. I went back and bought about 35 2# packages. My freezer is full of chicken.
3) I use my coupons and several killer macho coupon websites...
4) I PLAN MY MENU OUT. (I do get lazy sometimes, I'll admit.)
5) I don't buy pop for the house unless it's REALLY cheap. It's either milk, tea or water.
6) I live and love my crock-pot. If you need good crock-pot recipes, I'll gladly post them.
7) I make my own bread and dinner rolls. Saves me about $20 per week.
8) I KEEP A PANTRY.....This is ESSENTIAL......!!
what do YOU do to save money? I am always open to new ideas.