Thursday, March 13, 2008

goodness in my day

I read a magazine, Marriage Partnership, don't know HOW I got it but I am glad that I did. Those of you who are married might enjoy it. It IS written for a Christian perspective. I love it. They had a story in there this month about ROMANCE: what it's like from a woman' perspective vs a man's perspective....To me, romance is the little things. Although I think flowers and jewelry are nice, I am not THAT type. I am more of the footrub, open doors for me, hold my hands type. So I thought it was very sweet (and romantic) that my husband, in the midst of a meeting, thought enough of me to bring me this:

and my joy continued. Look what I found this morning while cruising the aisles of my local Wal-Mart! I have NEVER seen these, ever!

I bought only ONE BAG. I am going to see how long I can keep it intact. Any bets? I must be getting old, because I don't even drink a whole can of Coke or eat an entire candy bar....but a little bit of chocolate goes a long way.

Why am I feeling like a romantic sap? This book might have something to do with it. It's a sweet, tear-jerking love story. You can get it from your local library (if they stock Christian books) or pick it up here: The Wednesday Letters - a Novel by Jason F. Wright. It is just my sort of book: it's all about LOVE LETTERS. I tell my husband every birthday, Mother's Day, etc that I would rather have a love letter than any gift....How many of you agree? Wouldn't you love to read your husband's most tender feelings on pretty paper? I am a sap, I know...


Now, I really must go: Adam is nagging me to go to the library and Jonathan...well, he just wants food.

4 comments:

FXSmom said...

lol...sounds like Jonathans goals are a lot like Matt's.

I'm like you in the romance department. Though my hubby isn't much of a writer...lol

Linda said...

my hubby would have eaten the cinnabon before it ever made it home...

and I HAVE to see if I can't find those miniatures in MY WalMart....YUMMY...I LOVE me some Heath...better than Skor!

I'll have to see about that book....love sappy tear-jerkers!

rennratt said...

Have you tried the 8 oz. soda cans?

I recently "downgraded" to that size, and have been surprised that I'm satisfied with that amount!

I hate the price, though. I try to wait for sales.

Tiffany said...

I haven't read that book yet but I read his other one, Christmas Jars! I loved it! My parents gave it to me because they met him when they were on vacation and when The Wednesday Letters came out he sent them a signed copy! What a nice man! Have you read the Christmas Jars? It's very good too!