Wednesday, March 26, 2008

oh my.........

Three loads of laundry.....
Washed. line dried AND put away....
Two kiddos book read....
Steaks and burgers grilled in advance for dinner.
Homemade dinner rolls.....
SEVEN scrapbook LO's.......
70% completion of the Home Orginzation Binder....

How did I get all of this done before 5pm?

My internet was down. It's a HUGE reminder to me that life is not virtual.
I guess this means I spent too much time online. It's truly my only vice: I don't drink, I don't smoke, but I spend too much time online. Reading news, blogs and just puttering around.
But life is not virtual. So I am steping away from the computer a bit more. Make my time count. I don't want waste so much of it. I'll still be online, just not nearly as much.

Now let me share with you my LO's. They are super basic. A little boring, but hey, I don't enter contests. I am scrapping for my kids, nothing more. I am sticking to the pictures and the stories. Plus I have GOBS of cardstock and chipboard. I could do several pages each day for a few months and not make a dent. Seriously.....






I am also adding a new category: LPWP. Stands for Let's Pretend We're Poor! Don't laugh....what if you really had very little money? I mean, actually POOR...what would you do? I've been really spoiled by life, being able to buy what I want when I want, but what if I were not able to? How would my life change? With the economy constantly freaking me out, I have stepped back from a lot of stuff and have been evaluating my wants and needs. I am ashamed of how much I have. It's sooooo much. So I want simplicity, but I want the good stuff, too. Such a struggle. But I am going to share things that I do that save money. Like today, I line dried almost all of my laundry. My mom would be so proud. I used to whine and complain when she'd dry my jeans (designer, of course) on the line. I mean, come on, Mom!! I didn't have a grip on money when I was a kid and I don't want my chldren to grow up like that. (In my defense, I pop jeans into the dryer to soften them up for 5 minutes after they're dried from the line...I still hate crunchy jeans....)

5 comments:

Linda said...

"crunchy jeans"....LOL!

you are much more productive than me. Of course, I didn't lose internet, and I know I'm addicted...sad, but true. BAD MOMMY....sigh.

Casdok said...

Love the scrapping!
I hate crunchy jeans too!!

Jen said...

I've bought plenty of things to start scrapbooking, but I just can't seem to get started!
My mom sent me a funny e-mail today about clothes drying outside. It listed proper etiquette of hanging clothes that many people today wouldn’t understand at all. I love the smell of clothes brought in from hanging out to dry.

FXSmom said...

internet is my vice too. I am trying to limit it but everyone already has the chores done for me and don't want to hang with me :(

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! You have beautiful children. They will definitely appreciate all of your hard work someday. Thanks for sharing--you have the best blog on the internet!

JB