Friday, March 07, 2008

peace in the car

I drive a Volvo SUV. It seats 7. In the family vehicle, the kids like to bring books, toys, Leapsters, the occasional stuffed animal......I TRY to clean my car out when I can. It often looks like a gypsy car, I admit.....

I am seriously considering getting THESE: (available at Amazon.com )


Anyone have experience with these? I think it would not only keep them busy but reinforce skills over the summer months. I'm going to see if anyone has these on Freecycle or a local throft store.

5 comments:

Peggy said...

I haven't seen this, but my 8 yr old LOVES to have "math quizzes" when we are on road trips. Sometimes we have spelling bees, I am better at that than the math!

Anonymous said...

We've had those for years. They're great, and you may even learn a fact or two yourself while quizing the kids. I definitely recommend them.

JB

PattiB said...

I use them with my 4th grade class (9/10 year olds)...usually during indoor recess or when we are waiting in line(for the bathroom,coming back from recess, going to the library, etc.) The kids love them and thye don't even realize they are learning. I love that they have them for all ages and lots of subjects/interests.

Scott B. said...

Its ok.
Check out starfall.com free

Scott

SB said...

hi SCott:

I use starfall for some of Adam's homeschooling work. He loves reading their online books. I am looking for something to keep their minds entertained while in the CAR.....