Monday, March 31, 2008

stuff in my day

My phone rang today and I was so glad it did!
It was a new friend, Lisa. I met her at the library a while back (neither of us could remember how long it had been....) but she'd kept my # and decided to call. She and I are going to get together for a walk and/or a work-out, and possibly a cup of tea. It's the ONE thing missing in my life: the fellowship and friendship of local Christian women. (the ladies at my church live too far away....) So here's to a new friend!!!


Also went to Wal-Mart today. Had to get the J man some shorts. he was VERY anxious about it, so I relieved his stress with two new pair of shorts. But look what else I found at WM....I don't even know what to think about it....Earth Soup....? I mean.....WHY?


The kids are on a mission to make me insane today. They're noisier than usual and I am more tired than usual. Not a great combo. I just keep whispering, "Lord, make this moment holy...."

:)

2 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

What a good mama you are to relieve his shorts anxiety. Funny how they get something in their head and it makes them worry.

And I am so glad you have a chance to meet up with a new friend.

What is up with that soup? I seriously don't get it. I am not exactly an environmentalist, though, I admit.

Casdok said...

How lovely to make a new friend.

Earth day soup??!