Sunday, March 30, 2008

where did the weekend go?

If you live in DC, chances are you were here this weekend:


Then again, maybe not. It's a MADHOUSE down there. If you're from out of town or newly arrived, it's almost mandatory that you see the cherry blossoms. But it's mayhem and traffic for MILES and MILES. No cars, just a sea of people.....to see a bunch of blossoms. Don't get me wrong: they are GLORIOUS. I went last year and that's enough for me. I had intended on doing a sunrise photo safari this year but life got in the way.

What I did do this weekend was take pictures of a beautiful family. I could just eat that lil boy up! Isn't he THE CUTEST? He had such personality. And eyelashes that women would love to have.


I am so blessed that I get to do what I love. Now that Spring is upon us, my calendar is filling up very quickly. I'm already booked through mid-May (which is good) but I am changing the way I do business. Not taking every gig. Saying NO on occasion. Delegating some editing work (hard for me, since I feel so "connected" to my work) and (ugh) marketing myself to specific areas. I am not an aggressive business-type. I much prefer to be behind the camera than behind a desk or in a meeting. In the coming months, I'll share all of the different stuff that I have going on. It's exciting!

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Aww yes he is very cute!
How fortunate you are to what what you love.
Im getting better at saying no as i get older?!