Friday, April 18, 2008

I am a mother first......


Went to go to a LCCC (Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce) function last night and I got all dressed up. I had BIG TIME make-up and hair. Greg snapped a few pictures of me and the kidlets. I only remark on this because Adam said that I smelled better than I usually do.......

Then one of the guys who I see at LCCC events said he couldn't remember me dressing like this before.

It's the earrings. I hardly ever wear earrings. Earrings to me means I am completely dressed up. Now THAT is fancy, ain't it?

Seriously, I cruise around in jeans and t-shirts soooo much, it's easy to feel like a MOM all the time. Keeper of the snacks, Reader of bedtime stories. Mediator of child wars and everything that comes with it.

When I am "on the job", I bring with me my motherhood experience. I know how to handle difficult kiddos. I can wait 'em out. Crying babies don't bother me at all. Motherhood has prepared me for business life, I think.

But no matter what, I am a mother first.. Family is the most important thing to me. That is the main reason that I do what I do. I love capturing my own family's memories so I bring that with me to the job.

That and a whole range of very silly faces.......

1 comment:

Ang said...

Suz, I love that picture of you and the kids ... and the earrings! Miss ya! Ang