Friday, April 11, 2008

priceless

It's Friday. Kids are off school today. I could have slept late.....
but no, that was not an option.

At approximately 0600, Jonathan decided to jam to his (don't laugh) 100% Disco Hits CD. By now, you're probably at least smiling, huh? That's more than what *I* was doing at 0600. I was bleary eyed and a little irritated.

So I crawl out of my nice, warm bed and proceed to Jonathan's room. I knocked but he couldn't hear me over the music...So I opened the door and what do I see?

It was The J man, happily dancing, singing (don't laugh) "Y.M.C.A." at the top of his lungs. He didn't even see me, so I just closed the door.

I stood against the wall and laughed through my sudden tears. It was not an awful way to start my day. He's happy so I'm happy. But I am convinced he was born in the wrong era: he ADORES Disco. I just don't get that....

Now, I am off to entertain my offspring. Apparently, they are under the impression that we're having fun today. Sadly, the idea of Cleaning their Rooms did not appeal to them. Happy Friday, you guys!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Ah...I'd rather be woken to disco than to "mommy, the red light on the cd player is bothering me".....

Hannah has a 1/2 day today, and school carnival tonight. And it might snow. yay.

I NEED the address for M's school to send Flat Micaela out!!!

Sue said...

Okay for some reason this cracked me up to tears -- I can actually picture it and it was lovely to see :)

FXSmom said...

Now that is funny!!! I can so see Matty doing that someday...luckily the girls have him listening to more modern music. I'll make sure to keep disco out the house ... lol

Casdok said...

What a wonderful sight!

And thank you for your kind words.