Sunday, April 13, 2008

Warning: Mom tales and funny faces

Today was the first Sunday in The New Church.

It's kind of misleading to say that. It's the same people, same worship, just a new building. A huge beautiful amazing awe-inspiring building. I took a video but it won't upload (Blogger must be mad at me for even trying....)


On Sundays, we typically drop the wee ones off at Sunday school while Jonathan and I go forage around for something breakfast-y. Sometimes, we get lucky and Greg gets to join us. Today was such a lucky day. We all went to The Silver Diner, which is close to church. We sat there, talking, laughing...And for some reason, Greg asked Jonathan to stick his tongue out.



Now, this is funny to me because Jonathan has NEVER been able to stick his tongue out properly. He also never picked his nose as a kid (you wouldn't believe what kind of manual dexterity it takes to be a nose-picker)....and this morning, when Jonathan tried to stick his tongue out, it brought me back to his long-ago childhood. Sitting on the stairs at the cheap rent apartment I used to live in, trying to teach THE cutest kid with Fragile X how to stick his tongue out. I guess I am glad he never learned. It always made me giggle though. (pardon the low-res picture, it's my camera phone...)


I have so many memories of Jonathan's childhood. Navigating those early days, when fragile x was such a mystery. Oh, the tales I could tell......

3 comments:

Linda said...

He's awful cute right NOW sticking that tongue out. And for the record, that's how *I* looked sticking out my tongue, till I was sixteen and had a frenotomy - I was TONGUE-TIED. And both Hannah and Scotty have had frenotomies as well. Scotty's didn't do really well, I think...he could use another clip under the tongue!

Good Sunday memories.

SB said...

We had him checked way back when....he just does not have muscle control of his tongue. Eating a variety of textures is tough on him....

Adam also had a frenulectomy..at SIX MONTHS. Thank God he did...

FXSmom said...

lol...that is THE best picture ever!