Monday, April 28, 2008

the weather and my crockpot


It's a rainy, chilly day. My sinuses are not happy about the weather shift.....So on days like this, I think of my childhood home and my momma and her famous beef stew... Nothing I make can even come close....but this is darn yummy!

Lazy Day Stew

2# stew meat, cubed and browned
2 cups of frozen veggies
3-4 potatoes, peeled and chopped into big chunks
2 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
1 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 can beef broth
a handful of brown sugar

1. Place browned beef stew meat in crock-pot. Add veggies.
2. Sprinkle tapioca, salt and pepper over ingredients.
3.Mix together beef broth with tomato sauce and pour over top.
4. Spinkle on brown sugar.
5. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Prepare for your house to smell oh-so-yummy. Combine this with the Killer Macho Homemade Rolls and your husband will love you forever!!

No comments: