Tuesday, May 27, 2008

appreciating a teacher


Teachers work hard.
REALLY hard.
Personally, I think they should be paid like professional athletes, but we all know that won't ever happen....
School year is coming to a close and it's time to show your appreciation to your child's teacher.
(When buying/making/selecting a gift, remember this: they not only have your child, but 20+ other kids, too..)

Saw this great article. Click on it and get some great advice:


1. No apples is GREAT advice......

I am not putting what I am getting for Micaela's teacher on the off-chance she reads her. It's nothing with an apple on it, that's for sure.

:-)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well, I forgot last year, though I think I contributed to the class GC for her anyway.

But this year, since Hannah's teacher was pregnant (well, she is STILL pregnant, but not Hannah's teacher any more, since school's done!) many of the parents got together and created a basket of baby things for her. I contributed a fluffy pink rag-tied blanket and 2 of my knit hats!