Wednesday, May 14, 2008

go Speed Racer, go!


When I was a kid, many many yearas ago, I watched "Speed Racer". Not the CGI movie bits, but the REAL Speed Racer. LOVED. IT! And thanks to redbox , I get to share the ORIGINAL show with my own kidlets. Adam LOVES the original. (I won't be forking over $50 to take the family to the new one, I am not that into re-makes....and it's too expensive to go to the movies nowadays.) I always wanted to be Trixie....
Anyhow, I digress. Adam is TOTALLY into the Speed Racer thing. In fact, his birthday is this weekend (he turns 6 on Saturday) and he'll be blowing out candles and unwrapping a few Speed Racer items his thoughtful sister picked out.

This morning, as he was preparing his snack, I heard him in the kitchen, singing and belting out the Speed Racer song. I couldn't find my Flip Video fast enough, but I did snap this picture of his snack bag.

YouTube - Speed Racer Opening to hear the song, but not nearly as cute as my sweet boy!

And this is Adam, telling me he has this much patience left for my camera.

1 comment:

patrick said...

The Wachowski bros certainly put a lot of effort into making Speed Racer... the movie overall looked and felt like a cross between anime, a kaleidoscope, that Flintstones movie, a video game and the Dukes of Hazard