Wednesday, May 28, 2008

ugh

You guys KNOW how I am about my Killer Macho Dinner Rolls.
I found the recipe from Hillbilly Housewife and never looked back.
My husband, bless his heart, loves me more because of those rolls.

You want the recipe. too? here ya go: Fred's Favorite Rolls or Burger Buns
They are THE BEST rolls EVAH!!


I am a bread flour snob so I use only KAF. You can find their products online at King Arthur Flour Online and if you're super lucky, in your grocery store.

I am lucky. I can buy them locally. Recent spikes in grocery prices have hit me hard in the bread flour. Check it out. It went up $2.00 PER BAG. But still I buy it. It truly is the best. THE BEST....



And even buying expensive flour still makes these rolls cheaper than buying store bought.
Not to mention they taste WAY better than anything you can buy.

And no, King Arthur Flour Online has not endorsed this entry. (although if they wanna send me freebies, I would LOVE some of their Butter-Pecan Scone Mix which is HEAVEN on earth, I kid you not!!)
Did I tell you guys that I once planned a vacation to Vermont, just so I could visit their store?
:)

ETA: Holy Crack-a-mole'! KAF has a blog!! King Arthur Flour - Bakers’ Banter Y'all check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a true treasure Suzanne, you know? Your husband should consider himself VERY lucky!

JB

PJH said...

Suzanne, I opened this blog and the pictures at the top just plain made me smile out loud. Send me your physical address - you know why... ;)
PJ Hamel, King Arthur Flour, pj.hamel@kingarthurflour.com

Casdok said...

Well with that recomendation, must be worth a try!!

Umma said...

Mmmmm, bread! And, lady, you just totally scored! Mr. Hamel is like your private genie.

Do you happen to use a bread machine? If so, what one?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not...I really just want something to make dough with. I will most likely use the oven for baking.