Friday, May 09, 2008

warning: POLITICS

I rarely talk about politics. It's certainly not because I don't care, not at all. I just get disgusted and if I started talking about it, I wouldn't be able to shut up.

I found out recently that someone I know and admire is voting for OBAMA. This person is a bright, politically informed person and I think she is nuts. Obama gives me the creeps. Seriously..... My mom used to say "What good aer instincts of you don't use them?"

I think Obama is dangerous and I worry about the people who fall for his slickness.
So I share this video.

Barack Obama: There Will Be Bamboozling

And in all fairness, I should reveal that I am a CHRISTIAN conservative Republican.

ETA: also another one: YouTube - Obama Says A Baby Is A Punishment
He's NOT Pro-Life. Do we really want a President who will regard unborn children as a punishment?

I realize that EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion. I respect that. I just don't get how people are snowed by this guy. He's slick, I'll give him that much. I am just asking that you do LOTS of research before you cast your vote. This is not the time to be emotional about a candidate.

9 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

Suzanne, I am a Christian conservative Republican as well. I don't understand how some of my Christian friends are planning on voting for Obama. That was an interesting video.

Chris said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't understand how anyone could be so blinded/snowed, etc by this man. I think he's the most dangerous man in our nation if not the world!

FXSmom said...

I'm a Democrat and I don't even like Obama. or Hillary. I'm still uncomfortable with McCain but I'm trying to learn more. Politics and I are never friends. If none of them believe what I believe in 100%, I just don't vote. I can't welch on my beliefs.

rennratt said...

I don't like any of them.

They ALL make me nervous.

SB said...

I agree with that. Even though I am a Republican, I don't like McCain either. None of these guys inspire me...

Anonymous said...

Being a politican means you must lie. You must say what you think the people want to hear, and that can change hourly, depending on who you're talking to. That's why I don't trust any politician... ever. To get my vote they have to be not as terrible as the others, but that's not saying much. And with the ones available to us right now, it's hard to choose who is the least evil one. This is sad for America.

Anonymous said...

I am someone that just came to your blog because I am an avid fan of "rocks in my dryer". You are an amazing photographer! I wish I had known you when I was married last year in NoVa. However - it is quite insulting that you think someone that "is a bright, politically informed person" is "nuts" because they are voting for Obama... if you admire this person so much then maybe they are actually on to something. Maybe this person is using THEIR instincts.

SB said...

Dear Anonymnous:
Sorry if I offended you with my comments about Obama. I won't lie: he scares me. I think he's all talk and no action. But just so you know, I didn't say that ALL Obama voters are nuts, just this one in particular. I should've spelled that out, I guess. She is particularly RABID about him and it bothers me. Thanks for commenting!
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Suzanne - I appreciate the clarification! :) Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I love your site!!