Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I am not liking Father's Day.
I lost my Dad 11 years ago.
That pain just sits in the corner and waits for days like this. I hate that.
I have been super growly all day. Picked a fight with my husband. Crying when no one's looking and wishing I could just see my Dad one more time.

I wish I could show him my beautiful tender-hearted artistic daughter, with eyes so big and brown.
I wish I could introduce him to the son I named after him.
I wish I could show him that Jonathan is taller than me now, and has facial hair.
I wish he could meet my husband.
And see that I found joy, finally, after screwing up so many times.
Oh man, how I wish......

I am so not liking Father's Day.
But in Heaven, my Dad is watching over me.
I believe that. And that part, I do like.

7 comments:

Scott B said...

I recommend that you read "The Shack." For days like this, you'll find comfort and a new found joy.
http://theshackbook.com/

Scott

SB said...

I read it already.
LOVED IT.
Still doesn't stop me from missing my Dad.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you were so blue yesterday Suzanne. I don't know the sadness you are feeling, and I dread the day when it eventually comes. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

JB

P.S.: I loved your web site! Great job!

Kellie said...

Beautiful, heartfelt, post SB.

Kristiem10 said...

Hugs to you, SB.

rennratt said...

So, so very sorry.

I understand.

Not that it makes it any easier for you.

(((((hugs))))

Kellie said...

SB,

You're such a steady blogger...but you've been MIA. I hope all is well. Maybe your vacationing or enjoying the summer with the kids. Hope all is well.

Just letting you know I was thinking about ya!

Kellie