Sunday, June 01, 2008

how to laugh

I rarely talk about Jonathan here.
I even get nasty-grams from people that say I exclude him.
Hardly. Jonathan is such a force in this house that you cannot exclude him if you tried.
He has not been feeling well. The bug that took Adam down has been sidelining him, but today when I got home church, I caught him with his hand in the chip bag. A big no-no.

He looks right at me and laughs. As if to say, "What do you think you're gonna do?"
I just laughed, too. (As a momma, you gotta pick your battles....)

But it got me thinking about Jonathan and laughter.
He's a big fan of slapstick. You can guarantee hours of side-splitting laughter with watching movies like "Dumb & Dumber" (the bathroom scene, anyone??)

He loves to laugh.
I caught this picture of him at Adam's birthday party.

THIS is how we should all laugh.
With our whole hearts.
Not caring what anyone thinks.

4 comments:

Kristiem10 said...

This is so true. I am glad that laughter fills your home.

Jen said...

Kyle and Matt are also huge fans of slapstick comedy. I'll never forget their laughing with tears streaming down their faces the first time that they saw The Three Stooges! I wish I had video taped it.

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right! Everyone should laugh that way!

JB

FXSmom said...

I can't believe I missed this shot of him. That is great!!! Priceless :)