Friday, June 27, 2008

mi sombrero

You guys may or may not know this but I am of Hispanic heritage.
Spanish is one of the languages that I speak fluently and I love lots of things about the Mexican culture.
One of the things I loved when we lived in Mexico (when I was a surly teenager) was the authentic Mariachi music. Sitting at a table, with my parents, watching my Dad sing along with the mariachis...good memories.


So when I saw this hat yesterday for only $5.00, I just had to buy it.
It'll make a great Cinco de Mayo decoration, if I ever have a party.
I just had to have it. It's completely impractical.

But I just had to.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

From one Latina to another...

That's a BEAUTIFUL sombrero!

And I totally get the mariachi music. It's such happy music. How could one not like it?