Tuesday, June 24, 2008

a peek at the day

It's Day 2 of VBS. Adam has mellowed and seems to be liking it.
Except for the music. He's afraid they're going to make him dance. He is such a guy.

My Mother-in-law is enjoying her visit.
I am enjoying her being here.
I love hearing her stories.


My new favorite song: YouTube - Brandon Heath - "I'm Not Who I Was"
Those lyrics speak to me.....about forgiveness. I am horrible at forgiving people, which is stupid, especially since I, too, have done unforgivable things. But God is always working on me.



Bought this today, Nick of Time. (Me, Mrs. El Cheapo paid FULL PRICE for a book.....)Tonight we start reading it. It's our big summer book, we'll read it a little bit at a time, each night. We did this with "The Mouse and the Motorcycle...." In my world, happiness is a good book. (and by the way, it's exactly ONE WEEK until The Last Patriot: A Thriller by Brad Thor....and yes, I am counting the days....)


Tonight, I am fixing a HUGE amount of food. I love to cook for people (hate to clean up but LOVE to cook). It's Mexican food tonight. Homemade everything. Even homemade tortillas. Why am I telling you about my menu? I just wanted an excuse to use that awesome Crazy Taco....



Also tonight is Game Night AND Movie Night......
Here at Casa Balvanz, we know how to have fun. We're taking reservations...hehehehe.....


Tonight's movie is from redbox- and I think it'll be a good Family movie.....



Tomorrow, I think we're going on an adventure. We have a lot to cram into the last full day of our visiting family.

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like things are going swimmingly!

Love the taco!

Oh, and we LOVE the Apples to Apples game. Especially now that the kids are old enough to understand the concept!

Linda said...

I've never played Apples to Apples, though I hear it's really fun....

Anonymous said...

I've never seen the Spiderwick Cronicles. You'll have to let us know what you thought of it.

I'm glad to hear that your MIL visit is going well.

I hope you know that you have a fantastic blog!

JB

fragilemom said...

I love that song too. I'm sure we all have those 'someones' we wish could see us now as a different person!

Have fun cookin'!