Tuesday, June 24, 2008

school buses and gas costs


This is all over the news here locally...it even made the Drudge Report!


I don't know about you, but I walked to school quite often as a kid.

I live 1/5 of a mile from my daughter's school and 1.2 miles from Jonathan's school and I take them both. I don't like buses (bullies and all).......but it will be interesting to see what they do about this. Diesel Fuel costs are going to halt more than school buses, anyone heard of how many trucking companies have gone under? Yikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone say higher taxes? It's all relative, it just takes a while for things to come to equalibrium again.

JB

FXSmom said...

Way out here it's the same way. Albuquerque just announced that a lot more kids will have to walk. One town in NM even cancelled all school buses because they just can't afford it. So far my town hasn't said anything. I already take two of the kids to school so two more isn't going to be that big of a deal.