Friday, June 13, 2008

shopping

Went shopping with the kids for Greg for Father's Day and bought me a Dyson....!!

It all started with this post: Become a Dyson Diva which I read through my BlogLines.

Linda was the one who told me about this blog, and I read it often. Well, that blog post was talking about the Dyson and oh how I wanted one.....but they are a bit out of my price range, even on sale. But then I read that post and thought,"$279....? I could swing that..." But then I thought, "There will be none left by the time I go in....." Well, I've been to Target twice since reading that post and forgot to look.....

But today, while shopping for my darling husband, I found myself walking every aisle, trying to help the kids shop.
And then I saw it. All alone on an end cap. As if it was waiting for me, lil old me....

So I did the responsible thing: I called my husband to ask if it was okay. He said, "Sure!" So I bought it.....He did ask if there was something wrong with the vacuum we already own, which truthfully, it does work but not so well.....It never recovered from the dog.

When I got home, I did a test: I came home and vacuumed with the old vacuum THEN I tested the Dyson on the same area, that MY old vacuum said was already clean. It was SCARY how much more dirt and gunk came up. Seriously. It was gross. Then I started in on the rest of the house. I had to empty the canister TWICE while vacuuming my bedroom. TWICE!! I sleep and breathe in there!! I couldn't help but wonder what all the dirt and dust has been doing to my asthma....


So I am happy. I didn't think an appliance could make me feel this happy.
Now I have NO EXCUSE for my house not to be freshly vacuumed.

7 comments:

bethtrue said...

Suzanne - I am happy for you - you are going to LOVE your Dyson; i have one too and did the same thing as you; performed a "test" with the old vaccum and same thing - very scary! isn't it a wonderful vacuum? dont' forget that you have to wash the filter 2x a year (at least on my model)... check your instructions for info on that. and - happy vaccuming!

Kellie said...

Oh SB! I am totally coveting right now! So pray for me!

BUt anyway, I have dreamed about a Dyson for years. And, not wanting to give up the cash, have bought TWO vacuums in the last three years in an attempt to get my carpets as clean as I want them, to no avail!

My next vacuum WILL be a Dyson, and then I can do the Happy Dyson Dance with you!

Anonymous said...

Love my Dyson too! Every one with asthma in their family should own one.
Every time I look at the crap it picks up, it too makes me sick and amazed. The kids are so tired of me showing them the stuff in the canister! Poor things, they know when I vacuum they will have to suffer through "do you see what this thing picked up off our floors??????!!!!???!!" Yup, everytime!

Kristiem10 said...

Isn't that amazing? We have an Oreck which I like a lot, but I am now wondering how well it works. We all have allergies, and I bet it would help.

Linda said...

Someday, I'll own a dyson...I'm waiting for our "new" vacuum to die...we bought it back in 2000, so it IS 8 years old, though it had a bit of a reprieve in Germany, since we didn't have as much carpeting there...but I'm sure it will survive at least one more move before I can get a dyson.

And BTW...I'll give kudos to my sister for the Attention Target Shoppers link.....

Anonymous said...

Too bad it couldn't have been the pink one you were longing for a year or so ago..... Enjoy it none the less.

FXSmom said...

so jealous :(. Lucky you...I vow to get one someday :)