Monday, July 28, 2008

August...



I spent ALL day at my desk, managing my upcoming month's work schedule. August will be one of my busiest months EVER...As it stands now, I have only 5 openings left in the ENTIRE month. I have a gig every single day of the month...Busy.....I like it! I love meeting new families and adding new faces to my portfolio. Since I am re-tooling my website and making HUGE changes, new faces are a good thing!

I am blessed. I get to do what I love. To some, that sounds trite, but I really mean it. I feel connected to photography in a way that I have never felt with any other thing in my life.

I signed up (for January 2009) to take a Business Bootcamp with a Nationally recognized photographer, whose work I admire a great deal. It means a trip to Pittsburgh for me. Exciting stuff! It also happens to be around the time of the Inaugural Parade (which my husband is in) so we'll be juggling schedule like crazy.

August is like a floodgate for me, it's the last month before school starts. Adam's homeschool space is shaping up nicely. His materials are all ready. Supplies long since purchased. We're ready....August gives way to September which means FALL. I adore Fall. Lots of exciting stuff.

I love it, don't ya know?

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Suzanne
Just wanted to let you know I saw your post in Tawra's Living On a Dime and pointed soem of my DC area ladies your way! Unfortunately I'm just a wee bit out of your communting distance!

Linda said...

Darn it girl...you're not supposed to go to Pittsburgh the month AFTER I'm gonna be there!

Lucky you, though...that sounds like it's going to be well worth it. That's the part that scares me about photography...the BUSINESS end.

Did you see my studio shots of the kids?

Heather said...

You are such a great photographer. Too bad you aren't in the south anymore...I'd be hiring you!