Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Coming Soon: To a Mailbox near you!!



It's nearing Fall. (When I see Back-to-School on TV, my first thought is of changing leaves, I swear...) I love Fall....I love just about everything about it. I am a much better person in Fall and Winter. I don't much like the heat, probably because I grew up in it. I don't really care to ever go back to the Deep South.



Anyway........I made a card today. Well, that's not true. I stuck two pieces of card elements together. That's more accurate. And it's Fall-themed. A lady at my church has an elderly pen pal and she uses my cards to write to her friend. Plus I make some when I can for the Prison Missions. I rarely have time to make cards....But today, I made a card. Nothing fancy but it gets the job done. I do miss being crafty but I have such little time. I suppose I could give up reading blogs.......nah. Scratch that. hehehehehe...



Today is National Cheescake Day by the way. I am a non-Cheesecake Eating Person. Never liked it. Never will. Just another one of the many popularly accepted foods that I don't like. Add it to the list of billions I already have. It's a texture thing. Grosses me out. I offered to make Greg a cheesecake but he declined. I think he's holding out for August 2nd (National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, which oddly coincides with Nat'l Mustard Day...eewwww) I love Ice Cream Sandwiches. My mom would make hers with leftover waffles and ice cream. Yummalicious.....

Sidenote: Cheesecake (and Bonus Olympic) Trivia: Small cheesecakes were served to athletes during the first Olympic games held in 776 B.C. on the Isle of Delos.

Off to stick some homemade rolls in the ovens. I've already made s'mores AND cookies. Stress, anyone??

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe you don't like cheesecake or cheese! That is just a sin...j/k! Those are two of my most favorite things!

maria said...

I can't say that I love cheesecake but I can eat it.

But I simple LOVE cheese. I rather eat cheese than meat anyday.

And like you, I find that I am a better person in the Fall or Winter. Summer makes me feel lazy.

I love the Fall and the early Spring.

You have beautiful pictures on your blog.
Marie