Sunday, July 13, 2008

CVS savings!!


It all started when I started reading Life as Mom and her savings at CVS.....
and I am a Cheap Gal (no nasty comments, folks) so I started doing it myself.

Greg went with me, to see my CVS shopping in action (I'm pretty sure he was not impressed) Here's my haul from today. It's a small haul, but it's no savings if you buy you don't need, so I am sticking only to things I need. (and if you knew my daughter and her nail polish obsession, you'd agree that $0.99 for nail polish is a NEED....)





I paid $0.02 out of pocket!! TWO PENNIES for this stack of goodness. (It was my husband's Peanut M&M's that threw me over, but hey, small price to pay for his treat. ) Plus I earned $4.00 in ECB's for my next trip. So CVS actually paid me $3.98 to shop today. I am sooooo cheap, but I can't help it. My Dad was that way, too.

6 comments:

kristenkj said...

Hey Suzanne, I've been wanting to get started doing this, it's just that I NEVER go to CVS, unless it is for the drive-through prescription window! But I think when the oldest three are in school this fall, me and little Ella will be able to do some shoppin'! Let's hope. So far she doesn't show much shoppin' tolerance. Where's the love, Ella?!

Suzanne said...

LOL! This is sooo funny...good for you though, but listen to this...I went to CVS today. I had a coupon for $3 extra bucks and one for $4 off a $20 order. So, my husband is helping me add up the $20 order and said we needed something to make $20 he thought. So he picked up something little and we went to check out. We ended up paying over $27.00 for our order! Don't take your hubby shopping with good coupons like I had! My bill was meant to be $20 minus $7...not $20 plus $7! Do you know what the bottle of Vitamin C's that he could have got for hardly anything cost?
Over $9 bucks! Go figure...silly boy! Ahhhhhhhh! :) Hey, and my dad was cheap too, btw! LOL! I'll tell ya what though, I'm living in a house right this minute that was almost totally left to me in his will other than what we had bought into it before he died which was only not quite half...due to his "cheapness!" Thanks, Dad! Miss you and appreciate it so very much.
R.I.P. Dad's can be so good. :)
Suzanne

SB said...

I hear ya Kristen. Something about that store makes my Adam just love his ever-lovin' mind! He's WILD in there. I resort to bribery. I do, I do, I do....

:)

Sue said...

I love CVS -- so far since April, I have purchased over $700 worth of stuff (toothpaste, deoderant, bodywash, papertowels etc) for less than $70 total.......10% is not bad.....I am currently stockpiled to the hilt now PLUS I give tons away...check out www.becentsable.net for a great nail polish deal....$.99 each but a coupon for $3.00 off two makes it free or better if you buy other stuff...........

Linda said...

you didn't include the M&M's in the picture....so that doesn't count!

That's a GREAT deal for 2 cents, PLUS for $4 ECB....can't go wrong!

SB said...

no M&M's in pictures......because they'd been eaten by the time I took the picture.

:)