Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Dirty Jobs

First of all, I think Mike Rowe should feature Motherhood as the Ultimate Dirty Job.....
Seriously....

The kids and I were trapped in my room by a grumpy teenager, so we downloaded (for free on iTunes) several episodes of Dirty Jobs : Discovery Channel. We like the gross factor of that show, plus you learn something. (I'm going to have to remember to link up those with Adam's Science curriculum this Fall). We enjoyed learning about Bugs, Owl Vomit, Pig Slop, and now have a healthy fear of monkeys.

The kids roared with laughter.
And it was all FREE.
Tomorrow, we watch episodes from How It's Made : The Science Channel. Micaela especially wants to watch the episode on how crayons are made. Isn't it funny how WE are making crayons, too?

4 comments:

Journey of Truth said...

We love Dirty Jobs! Of course, that weird "worms being shipped to an Eastern country" was on when I was tryign to eat chocolate mousse so I insisted my hubby change the channel. Then, I asked if these people were using the worms for food or what? Let's just say I want to know, but I don't want to know -

Love Dirty Jobs. My favourite episode was the one where they were in Africa with that spicey women and her monkeys. :-)

SB said...

you aren't kidding that African women is SPICY. I don't think I've ever seen a woman rule over Mike Rowe in such a quick-witted manner. Those monkeys were somethin' else!!

kristenkj said...

I love that show. Cracks me up. The one with the ostrich was hilarious. Did you see it? I've seen him do some seriously NASTY things. And all with a sense of humor. What a guy.

FXSmom said...

motherhood should be a dirty job...especially with me experience last week. Ya know the one. Matty was pukey and poopy and I had the laundry going for 28 straight hours. THAT was dirty.