Saturday, July 12, 2008

homeschool poet

Adam and I went to a homeschooling convention today. My first....
It was a lot of information to absorb but I am so glad that I went.
And I think Adam was into it.

He was sooooo excited to see the K¹² Online School booth! He hollered "That's my school!"
We rec'd a sack full of freebies at the door, one of which was a k12 poetry magnet set.
I can credit his public school K teacher with imparting a love of poetry and here's what he came up with:


Isn't he just the cutest kid? I am looking forward to the coming school year. I worry about Micaela: Should I pull her out? How will I manage two of them? Will she still get services? Will I lose my mind? Nonetheless, I am excited about this adventure.

We also bought this book for Adam: Building Thinking Skills, Book 2: Critical Thinking Skills for Reading, Writing, Math, and Science by Howard Black and Sandra Black. That boy thinks differently than I do so luckily, it comes with an answer key (for not-as-smart as a wicked-smart 1st grader Moms)....

Now I have to find me a good, long-lasting microscope...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He is a sharp cookie! What a great poem. You're going to need to stay on your toes with that one Suzanne. Best of luck in your upcoming schooling endeavors!

JB

rennratt said...

Why not wait until the 1st nine weeks are up? That way, you can have 1 on 1 time with your son, and see whether or not your daughter would benefit more from homeschool v. public.

There's no rule that you have to make up your mind at the beginning of the year.

It will all work out, and you will stress less in the end.

Linda said...

He reads SO well....gosh! You're doing a fantastic job. I agree with Renn....see what will happen. And I believe that you're entitled to services for Micaela if she's got an IEP even if you homeschool....but don't quote me on that. I'm not as well versed in IEP and taking on the "system" like you are!

kristenkj said...

What a sweet little boy, and I LOVE the poem. I'd like to get some of those poetry fridge magnets, but I'm afraid Ella would eat them. Maybe in another year or two...